Excerpt from Holstein Journal, July 2017:
"For more than 25 years, Jean Szkotnicki has led the Canadian Animal Health Institute skillfully balancing the responsibility of advocating for Canadian veterinary pharmaceutical companies with livestock producers. A champion for antimicrobial stewardship, Szkotnicki has been instrumental in ensuring antimicrobials are used properly as part of a "one health" approach to human and animal antibiotic use in Canada. Szkotnicki laboured exhaustively to close the regulatory gap on Own Use Importation legislation. She's passionate about building public trust in food and sits on numerous industry boards including the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity and as chair of the animal health product regulatory advisory committee to Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Jean Szkotnicki lives in Moffat, Ont., and was nominated by the Canadian Animal Health Institute."
News & Announcements
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Computational Biology Position Available
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 11
- next ›